Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where is your heart tuned on???

I would like to ask the above question to every believer who does radical things for God.

Often times we tend to think that being faithful to God will give us all the blessings in this world and we tend to forget the eternal blessing, God hath kept for us. We tend to forget the SPECIAL CROWN which God would give us in the Heaven. Because of that we do blink or sometimes get deviated at the cross roads of our life.



Let’s look at the life of Moses as an example. Moses was appointed and anointed by God to guide the children of Israel to the promise land. When you meditate on those passages where God explains about the promise land, I challenge that you would really be tempted to live in that place!!!

Hence half way through the Journey, Moses succumbs to the anger of the Lord which resulted in the Lord saying to Moses in Deuteronomy 3:26, 27 that He would not enter in to the promise land.

That would have hurt me very badly if I was in that place. To walk through wilderness for such a long years and being faithful to God all these days and then finally forbidden by the Lord to enter the promise land that flows with Milk and Honey.

But Moses was different. He was still faithful to God in keeping His commandments and guiding the children of Israel.

This is because he loved God with all his heart and He was not carried away by the promise land that flows with milk and honey. Rather he knew the greatest blessing of ETERNITY that God has for His chosen one.

So let us join with Apostle Paul in saying,

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day -- and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." - 2 Timothy 4:7,8



God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment